Aug 5, 2011

Review: Chris Brown's "Boy in Detention" Mixtape DOWNLOAD


With all this crossover between R&B and Hip-Hop lately, Chris Brown's "Rap" mixtape "Boy in Detention" has now arrived for digital download. Twenty one songs are listed in the street album, and one of them is called "Ladies Love Me". It features Justin Bieber channeling his rapper alter ego Shawty Mane.
"Baby, I'm not crazy I got swag like Patrick Swayze/ No, them haters never phase me/ That's how my mama raised me," he rhymes. "I'm busy out performing and I'm going to the top/ I got so much to lose, so I'm steady gettin gwap/ But them haters go down and we just get to watch."
Listen Below:



I was highly surprised that young JB laid these barrs down, let alone recorded them...I know haters gon hate, but assuming these are all his lyrics (and no ghost writers are present) - It is not half bad....for a white teen....who is a pop singer.

That was really the highlight of CBs mixtape for me. Although, bringing production from Se7en (ex- Bad Boy records beat-smith) definitely brings fiyah to the beats. About half the tracks have been unleashed and floating around the blogesphere' the past couple of weeks - with stand outs being Private Dancer, Strip and Leave The club (the more R&Bish tracks). If you take out the sound production by 9th Wonder, Se7en & Justice League - His "Rap" mixtape is rather one layered with nothing really appealing in his lyrics. Pretty average.

The mixtape is expected to be followed up by Breezy's brand new album called "Fortune". He better bring that Real R&B with this one.

Anyway, here is the Mixtape's tracklist and the download.
1.First 48 (Prod by Jukebox)
2.Crazy (Prod by David Banner)
3.Freaky I’m Iz feat. Kevin McCall, Diesel & Swizz Beats (Prod by Kevin McCall)
4.Body on Mine feat. Se7en (Prod by Infinity)
5.Spend It All feat. Se7en & Kevin McCall (Prod by Info)
6.Private Dancer feat. Se7en & Kevin McCall (Prod by Cornelio Austin)
7.100 Bottles feat. Se7en (Prod by DJ Chuckie)
8.Leave the Club feat. Joelle James (Prod by Justice League)
9.Real Hip Hop #4 feat. Kevin MaCall (Prod by 9th Wonder)
10.Your Body (Prod by Hudson Mohawke)
11.Ladies Love Me feat. Justin Bieber (Prod by David Banner)
12.Real Hip Hop #3 (Prod by 9th Wonder)
13.Real Hip Hop feat. Kevin McCall (Prod by 9th Wonder)
14.Snapbacks Back feat. Tyga (Prod by Mike Will)
15.The Best Yo (Prod by Beat Syndicate)
16.Marvins Room Remix feat. J Valentine, Dawn Richard, Se7en & Kevin McCall (Prod. by Ryan M. Tedder)
17.100% feat. Kevin McCall (Prod by Kevin McCall)
18.Last (Prod by No I.D.)
19.Sweetheart (Prod by Kevin McCall)
20.Strip feat. Kevin McCall (Prod by Tha Bizness)
21.Yoko feat. Berner, Wiz Khalifa & Big K.R.I.T. (Prod by Big K.R.I.T.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

 
RR