Aug 20, 2011

Artist Check: Hoodie Allen - Leap Year Mixtape [Hip-Hop]


So between running on no sleep and having so much uni work to get done, sitting down to listen to Hoodie Allen’s fourth project “Leap Year” was a nice break. Hoodie hit my radar when my mate 8 Beats (PB) inboxed me his "White girl problems" track. I was instantly intrigued to find out more.

Steven Markowitz AKA Hoodie is a Jewish rapper from New York. He graduated with a a Finance and Marketing degree who went on to work for Google. However, he gave up that job for more time to pursue his music career. He has dropped 3 mixtapes since 2009 (The Bagels & Beats EP, Making Waves and Pep Rally) but is still unsigned. His new tape "Leap Year" dropped last month.

You will probably notice that I don't post every track and every mixtape as soon as it drops. This is because I have got in the process of listening to each track on the mixtape numerous times so that I can actually enjoy them for the musical value (basically appreciate the artist's hard work). I can honestly say that Hoodie Allen came to win with Leap Year, and stole a few spots on my iPod.
From the second you hit play Hoodie hits your ears with some feel good music that just keeps coming at you throughout the 13-track project. I’m not sure if it’s the sick bars, iLL beats, or possibly the overall dopeness of this project, but I’m a fan. I zoned out for a solid hour, indulged in good music, and after it all I wanted hit play again. So do yourself a favor and hit play below. I would usually pick my favorite songs, but I’m not trying to even mess with that battle.




Source: LoudS, http://hoodieallen.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

 
RR