Aug 1, 2011

New Group: Teen Inc. [Alt-Electro R&B]


Here is an L.A based group comprised of brothers Andrew & Daniel Aged.

After initially hearing a track called ‘Swear’, I was eager to find out more and discovered that the duo recently released an EP entitled - featuring, you guessed it, 3 songs. 
I loved the 80′s-R&B influences. The beat, the synths, the echoed vocals – it all sounds mad fresh. But I adored the Prince influences on ‘Swear’ (real Purple heads will know exactly what I mean too). I like the way they have incorporated his influence with their own brand of alt-Electro-R&B. 
Is this group another ‘too cool for school’/Hipster group jumping on the bandwagon of revival vintage R&B? Only time will tell – but for now, I’m really enjoying their productions. Check it out and let me know what you think in the comment box. 
Below is 2 of the 3 songs on the EP: 

Inc. - Swear


Inc. - Millionaires

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

 
RR