Jul 22, 2011

You know what really 'Grinds' my gears? - Kreayshawn.



Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to introduce you to the Lady gaga of Rap: Kreayshawn. She really Grinds my gears.
She is single handily helping Soulja Boy among other young 'rappers' destroy Rap...again.

Arguably one of the most discussed about new artists, Kreayshawn has caused plenty of raised eyebrows due to the rapid rise to fame after her smash video and song “Gucci Gucci” visual. Her flow isn't bad, but I gotsta say, her sound is quite 'wack' . Check it below:



Now, the 21-year old Oakland native has received a recording deal and some buzz from top-notch rappers - Her latest fan - Drake. Last week on DJ Green Lantern’s “Invasion Radio” show, Drizzy called in from Toronto into the show to speak with Kreayshawn offering his "endorsement" for the new Columbia Records signee.
“I honestly get excited when new things happen in hip-hop and when I heard ‘Gucci Gucci,’ I heard the flows, I was excited before I even knew who she was. And you know I got to hear a little bit more of the music beyond that and then to meet her and the energy that she has is great. She’s just a great person. She’s good people. That’s my dog.”
With his eyes all set on the release his sophomore album Take Care on October 24, Drake is leaving the door open to a collaboration.
“Anytime she’s ready. I got bars on deck for that little cutie pie.”
Listen to the full plug below:


Drake you really baffle me! - Although, It sounds like he is just returning the "favour".

Here is an interview with Kreayshawn as she talks about weed and womanhood. Dumb-ass.



After viewing this, can one not agree with me? Of course she may have some qualities that kids will like: She is a Fresh, energetic, quirky sexy female with that "I don't give a flying F*ck" attitude....and hell, she's straight bad ass.....But seriously?

I'm sensing a one hit wonder, which I can live with - but if she gets more hits with these kinda tracks, I don't know what the music world has become i mean going back to. I feel we are just on a resurgence of G.o.o.d music and then some shit like this happens.

Dang!

What are your thoughts?
Comment below using the disqus box. (Yes - your email is required, protecting against SPAM).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

 
RR