Jul 12, 2011

Awaiting Jay Electronica's album...


Rewind about 3 years... Jay Electronica, J. Cole and Drake were on the same level - great underground artists about to change the Hip-Hop game. Two of em have come up big, with Drake going platinum on his debut "Thank me Later" LP and J. Cole's outstanding mixtapes and announcing his debut (which took a while). In the midst of all this, I had forgotten about Jay Electronica, an emcee I praise(d) greatly. Been waiting a while for some news on Jay Electronica's album - and finally he lets loose some info via his Twitter:
Sometimes im Jay Electronica. sometimes im Jay Electronigga. i wanna let yall hear this one record from Act II: Patents Of Nobility (the turn) called “Road To Perdition” feat. Mr. Carter so bad.
Album soon come. Ask Bun B, he heard the album in its entirety. a thouand kisses to all of those who have supported me since Act I: Eternal Sunshine (the pledge). I am grateful for your patience. I will not let any of you down. I promise. I will not let any of you down. I promise.
Jay Z, Bun B, Jeymes Samuel, Tony Tagoe, Erykah Badu. These are the only ppl that have heard the album in its entirety. Watch The Throne, Cold World: The Sideline Story and Act II: Patents Of Nobility (the turn) will set the bar at an all time high.
Kanye, Jay-Z, J-Cole and Jay Electronica...who said Hip-Hop was still dead?
It has come out of hibernation, however R&B has taken it's place...but that's another story. I'll come back to that later.

For now, just know that Hip-Hop is alive and ready.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

 
RR